Goodwill Industries of Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties, Inc. is a private, nonprofit corporation that provides vocational and educational opportunities for people with barriers to employment to improve their work skills and enhance their economic independence. Goodwill's services are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities. Goodwill is funded primarily through the collection and resale of donated goods at retail stores located throughout Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties. Goodwill believes in the inherent value of work and the concept that people deserve the opportunity to reach their maximum potential and the highest level of self-sufficiency.
Holiday Sale Schedule
- Wednesday, December 9th - 50% off Customer Appreciation Sale, 9am-1pm
- Saturday, December 19th - 50% off ALL DAY
- Saturday, December 26th - 50% off ALL DAY
- 2nd Wednesday of the Month - 50% off Customer Appreciation Sale, 9am-1pm
- Last Wednesday of the Month - 50% off Customer Appreciation Sale, 5pm-9pm
- Every Monday: 25% Senior/Active Military Personnel/Student Discount All Day (with ID)
- Every Friday-Sunday: Specific color tag items (i.e. all green tags) are 50% off
- Manager Specials: Call your store to find out about weekly specials
- HUGE Discounts every day at the Goodwill Wholesale Outlet located at 1000 Del Norte Blvd. in Oxnard
*Sales/Discounts not valid with any other offer. Sale excludes purple tag items and mattresses.
The Careers in Retail (CiR) Initiative is a unique, free program designed to equip experienced, entry-level employees with the skills and credentials to advance to in-demand positions. The program provides the training and support necessary to gain a middle skills/middle management position in retail, food and beverage and/or hospitality and tourism industries.
Participants are able to take assessments on general knowledge, retail skills and work ethic to create individual plans for growth, building on their strengths and assisting to improve their areas of weakness. Participants receive training on content areas such as decision making, human resources and soft skills.
Goodwill will help place participants in middle skill positions in retail, hospitality and food service industries!
The Dr. Susan Fox Scholarship provides $5,000 financial assistance to a single mother (with or without veteran status) or a single grandmother with at least two years of completed work at an accredited college in lower division, general education who wishes to obtain her four-year Bachelor's degree in a career field she will pursue after graduation. The Dr. Susan Fox Scholarship aims to assist women with their higher education costs. In 2016, one applicant will be selected as a scholarship recipient and will receive an award of at least $5,000 for study at an accredited college or university of her choice. Scholarship amount may increase with in-kind donations of services provided by Goodwill Industries, as well as additional funding from independent donors.