Summer Youth Program
Summer Youth and Beyond is a grant awarded to Goodwill and the Workforce Investment Board of Santa Barbara County and receive funds through the Department of Labor. Out of only 10 cities in the US being selected, the city of Santa Maria was chosen as one of them. We are very excited to have been awarded this program and able to serve youth in the community. We partner with many organizations throughout the county to provide youth with a career pathway program.
- Services Include:
- Case management and career planning
- Customer service training and testing
- Paid work experience
- Job placement
- Various workshops on job readiness
- Youth are also able to receive mental health services and medical screenings.
- Youth are provided with additional supportive services and other incentives. The goal is for youth to chose a career path and enter employment or enroll into post secondary education.